OccupyWallStreet has grown, and it’s coming to a city or town near you.
If you live in or near Houston, Texas, the organizational web site is: http://occupyhouston.org/
IT’S TIME TO STAND UP. Join @OccupyHouston and the rest of the 99% On October 6, 2011 and make your voice known!
- We meet at Market Square Park at 8:30am on October 6. Pick up a sign if you don’t have one. Meet your fellow protesters, and get ready to march!
- At 9:00am we march to J.P. Morgan Chase Tower downtown.
- After an hour of speaking out against corporate corruption, at 10:00am we head to Hermann Square Plaza, right outside City Hall, and begin our occupation.
Check out and share our Facebook event with your friends. If you want to join us in the afternoon then please head directly to Hermann Square Park. Come join us and stand in peaceful solidarity with our brothers and sisters occupying Wall Street and the rest of the nation. Together we can END CORPORATE CORRUPTION OF DEMOCRACY!
There will be planning meetings at 12:00 noon and General Assembly meetings at 7:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We’ve made our first steps, but there’s still plenty of work to do until the 6th.
Check out our transport guide if you need help getting to Market Square Park. If you need a lift or can spare a passenger or two then please post to our carpooling forum. Bring your friends and family! This is a non-violent occupation and we will be heard!
We’ve received a lot amazing feedback from folks who want to know how they can help end corporate dominance. Come join us! Get involved! Our forum has sections for our volunteer groups. Pick a group that interests you, start posting, and get involved!
- Outreach: Spread the word! Get our message out and get others involved!
- Media: Help out Occupy Houston’s dealings with the media, in meatspace or cyberspace.
- Overnight Occupation: Participate with and support our overnight occupiers
- Logistics: Event planning, location, staging, and keeping our wheels turning
- Messaging: Make sure Occupy Houston’s message is consistent and correct
- Research: Got a cool idea? Research it and provide info for all the other work groups so they can make better decisions
- Signs: Make awesome signs to distribute on the street at our events
- Medical: Provide first aid and other medical care during events
- Legal: Keep us and our protests safe and lawful and make sure we’re prepared for law enforcement and government reactions.
- Peacekeeping: Ensure that our protests and protesters stay non-violent and respectful
- Public Education: An informed public is an effective public. Post the facts here, and just the facts.
- Diversity: Reach out to all groups. We are all the 99% regardless of race, sex, creed, or religion
- Family Space: Families are encouraged to march alongside Occupy Houston! Help ensure there’s a safe environment for families within the occupation and help ensure child services are met.
Cant make it to a meeting? Don’t want to hassle with Forums?
- Sending us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your interests or experience.
- Like us on Facebook! We have an active community that posts from around the world. www.facebook.com/occupyhouston
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/occupyhouston (use the hashtag #occupyhtxaide for volunteer efforts and we’ll get back with you)
- our General Assembly video on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/occupyhouston
- view some of our images on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/occupyhouston
More info at http://occupyhouston.org/