SHOW AUDIO: Not Available :(
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (every Wednesday from 2-3PM CT) on KPFT-HD Channel 90.1-3. One of our mottos is that you’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts, so we try to get our facts right.
If you don’t have an HD (‘Hi-Definition’) radio, you can hear KPFT-HD 90.1-3 at KPFT.org, listen online by going to KPFT.org and clicking on “Listen Live”, and then one of the HD3 links: HD3 (32k) HD3 (64k) . Or go to ‘HOW TO LISTEN’ and get the graphic on how it works.
Some of the links used for this show are as follows BELOW:
- “O Canada” (English) — New Zealand Choral Federation (RWC 2011)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6UDebra9pI
- “Cruz renounces any claim to Canadian citizenship” [By Michael O’Brien, NBC News]
[VIDEO QUOTE] Ted Cruz addresses ‘birther’ issue with Sean Hannity, says he was born a U.S. citizen in Canada (6m 36s to end [7m 33s])
‘More aggressive’: Greenwald vows to publish more secrets after UK detains partner (via RT.com, a Russian news site) 1m11s – 1m49s,
I was unable to find audio, possibly because Greenwald made his comments in Portuguese. The move by UK authorities sparked a furious response from Greenwald. Greenwald is quoted as follows:
“I have many more documents to report on, including ones about the UK, where I’ll now focus more. I will be more aggressive, not less, in reporting,” said Greenwald, speaking in Portuguese to reporters at Rio de Janeiro’s international airport, Reuters reported. “When they do things like this, they show the world their real character. It’ll backfire. I think they’ll come to regret it,” he said.
- There is still an ongoing battle by local areas residents to stop the construction of the Ashby Hi-rise at Ashby and Bissonnet.( http://stopashbyhighrise.org/). Again, this is not an area where poor people live, and this battle has been going on for years.Now, it’s River Oaks!
- Littlest Continent Had Biggest Role in Sea Level Drop (NASA)
- Ancient Egyptian jewelry came from outer space (NBC News/Space.com):
KPFT is the Pacifica station in Houston, Texas