SHOW AUDIO: TBA
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (every Wednesday from 2-3PM CT) on KPFT-HD Channel 90.1-3. One of our mottos is that you’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts, so we try to get our facts right.
If you don’t have an HD (‘Hi-Definition’) radio, you can hear KPFT-HD 90.1-3 at KPFT.org, listen online by going to KPFT.org and clicking on “Listen Live”, and then one of the HD3 links: HD3 (32k) HD3 (64k) . Or go to ‘HOW TO LISTEN’ and get the graphic on how it works.
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break:
- The shut-down: 2 weeks later, still news. *sigh*
- On a related note, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives: [From Wikipedia]
- The Speaker of the United States House of Representatives (or Speaker of the House) is the presiding officer of the chamber. The office was established in 1789 by Article I, Section 2 of the United States Constitution, which states in part, “The House of Representatives shall chuse [sic] their Speaker…” The Constitution does not require that the Speaker be an elected House Representative, though all Speakers have been an elected Member of Congress.
- The ‘making’ of money.
- China says it’s time to “de-Americanize”.
- Oreos: As addictive as coke?
- Fitch signals it could downgrade U.S. credit rating
- Xinhua Commentary: U.S. fiscal failure warrants a de-Americanized world
- NBC News: China state media blasts US shutdown, calls for a ‘de-Americanized’ world
- “The Alchemists of Wall Street: Clever financing may reward shareholders, but it does nothing to help the economy”, By Rana Foroohar
- US Constitution, Article I, Section 2, Clause 5
- US Constitution, Article II, Section 3
- The House Explained · House.gov
- Addicted to Oreos? You truly might be
- Speaker of the United States House of Representatives: [From Wikipedia]
- On 8/1/2011,John Boehner told CBS News’ Scott Pelley that he got 98% of what he wanted from President Obama and the Democrats. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4VJFVgrlyI&feature=player_detailpage
- “Declining nations glory in their past accomplishments because their future looks so bleak. Rising nations become great by looking to the future, investing in their people and their infrastructure, and taking risks.” ~ Michael R. Honig, from “Letter to Alan Grayson: Going To The Moon Is NOT A Lunatic Idea” Posted on January 31, 2012
- Japan aims to beam solar energy down from orbit
KPFT is the Pacifica station in Houston, Texas