FREE TICKETS TO Space City Comic Con for CALLERS! (Tickets good for Friday, 7/24, Noon-8PM)
THINKWING RADIO HAS MOVED TO MONDAYS AT 9-10 PM BEGINNING 4/13/2015.
Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
WE HAVE MOVED TO MONDAYS AT 9-10 PM BEGINNING 4/13/2015.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Wednesday night from 10-11PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUESTS: (More complete biographical info on my guests are below Source links.)
POSSIBLE TOPICS: 1) Greece: Is Austerity The Best Way To Address Excess Debt? 2) Air Travel/Airport/Passenger Pick-up Hell; 3) Infrastructure: Be careful what you wish for.
- Greece: Is Austerity The Best Way To Address Excess Debt?
- The Greek Responsibility:
- Governed by adults who should know the consequences of borrowing
- More effective collection of taxes
- VAT: Great for tax on consumptions, but what about people who make far more than they can spend?
- Cutting expenditures to pay sovereign debt:
- Pain worth the gain?
- Might Austerity be fair for multiple generations?
- Should debt forgiveness be essential?
- Why, and by whom?
- Does austerity make it much harder to pay creditors by hurting economic growth?
- Are some forms of austerity better or worse than others?
- Do Banks and Financiers share responsibility because they over-lent?
- Should Banks and Financiers ‘forgive’ some of Greece’s debt, and it so, why?
- Air Travel/Airport/Passenger Pick-up Hell
- Americans are getting bigger:
- Clothing, shoes, furniture, even toilet seats are getting bigger. Why are airplane seats getting smaller?
DOJ subpoenas airlines over keeping ticket prices high
- Safety risk of shrinking , By Associated Press (Aprl 15, 2015)
- Advisory Committee for Aviation Consumer Protection – See more at: http://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/ACACP#sthash.7bh0CrUI.dpuf
- Airports, airlines disagree about raising ticket fees, October 29, 2014
- Americans are getting bigger:
- Infrastructure: Be careful what you wish for: North-South access suddenly very challenging
- Downtown segment of I-45 going through major reconstruction.
- Shepard between us-59 and Allen Pkwy going through major construction
- Studemont experiencing some construction between I-10 and Memorial
- Occupation experience: Why did Iraq & Afghanistan turn out so differently from Germany and Japan?
- The American Reconstruction of Germany and Japan, by Kieran Neeson, Oct 20 2008 (This content was written by a student and assessed as part of a university degree. E-IR publishes student essays & dissertations to allow our readers to broaden their understanding of what is possible when answering similar questions in their own studies.)
- Lessons in Nation Building from Japan, Germany, and Afghanistan for Postwar Iraq, The United States Institute of Peace is an American non-partisan, independent, federal institution that provides analysis of and is involved in conflicts around the world. (See Wikipedia entry) Founded: 1984
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break: SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show: Continue reading