Last Monday’s show (7/18/2016) was pre-empted for Pacifica’s coverage of the Republican National Convention. For the week of 7/25, Pacifica’s coverage of the Democratic National Convention will be broadcast on KPFT’s HD3 channel, available online at KPFT.org.
SHOW AUDIO [7/25/2016]:
FROM 9-10 PM:
FROM 10PM TO ~10:30pm:Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
- “Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don’t vote.” ~ William E. Simon quotes
POSSIBLE TOPICS: Bernie Diehards At DNC, Russian Data Theft from DNC, Trump’s VP Pence, HRC’s VP Kaine, Student Loans Surviving Death, Co-signing Loans, MORE.
- TEXAS: REGISTER TO VOTE FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION
- To vote in November 8th’s presidential elections, you have to be registered by October 8th. It will be here before you know it, so make sure YOU are registered!
- Mike Pence, the governor of Indiana;
- Weird how Trump was kind of distant with Melania and a bit to intimate with Ivanka … and Ivanka seemed uncomfortable but unsurprised by how Trump touched her.
- Jeff, new member, Long Beach CA, $25 via web
- Stephanie, new member, Santa Monica CA, $25 via web
- Japan knife attack: 15 reportedly dead, By Emanuella Grinberg, [CNN] Updated 6:42 PM ET, Mon July 25, 2016What if public utilities were required to install solar power on new homes and recover the costs through a lease agreement?HarrisVotes.com or VoteTexas.gov.
- I’m very torn by the ethics of data leaks. We cheer the ‘good’ leaks (Panama Papers, DNC emails) and decry the ‘bad’ leaks (personal and credit data and DNC email), but on an ethical basis, what’s the difference?
- Where do privacy rights end and transparency rights begin?
- What are the differences, if any, between personal rights, business rights (as in a proprietorship), and corporate rights?
· Whatever happened to cops asking, “Will you go peacefully?” before tackling and bums-rushing an otherwise peaceful protester?
- Think twice, maybe three times, before cosigning loans, and even then, you probably shouldn’t do it.
- In New Jersey Student Loan Program, Even Death May Not Bring a Reprieve, By ANNIE WALDMAN, (NY Times) JULY 3, 2016
SOURCES WHICH MAY BE RELEVANT TO OTHER DISCUSSION: