SHOW AUDIO: kpft_2014-06-11_2200, David Brown (aka DB Grady)
Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Wednesday night from 10-11PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig is usually a call-in show. Whether you’re listening live on the radio or on the internet from anywhere in the world, when the show is live, we take calls at 713-526-5738. (Long distance charges may apply.)
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUEST(S): David Brown (aka, DB Grady): David Brown is the co-author of “Deep State: Inside the Government Secrecy Industry” and a correspondent for The Atlantic as well as a skilled novelist. He is a veteran of Afghanistan, and former paratrooper with the U.S. Army Special Operations Command.
TOPIC(s): The demonization of Bowe Bergdahl, The VA Controversy
Prisoners of War:
- The debate over Bergdahl
- Complicit in deaths of comrades searching for him?
- Do we judge POWs before we bring them home or after?
- Do we judge POWs as a CONDITION of bringing them home?
- The implications for Republicans vs. Democrats:
- McCain for the trade before he was against it?
- If you’re military, should you vote Democrat if you’re pro-military?
- GOP is pro-gun. If you’re in the military, that’s not an issue.
- GOP voted against money for diplomatic security overseas.
- Indirect responsibility for Benghazi?
- GOP voted against money for VA.
- Complain about a problem they made it financially impossible to solve?
- “Do more with less!”
- GOP pro-war but anti-veteran?
- GOP: $$$ more important than blood?
- Rumsfeld took 2 years to reinforce Humvees with extra armor.
Some of the topics I plan to discuss are linked below.
NOTE: This post is subject to update before and after the show.
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break:
SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show: Continue reading →