SHOW AUDIO: kpft_2014-06-11_2200, David Brown (aka DB Grady)
Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Wednesday night from 10-11PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig is usually a call-in show. Whether you’re listening live on the radio or on the internet from anywhere in the world, when the show is live, we take calls at 713-526-5738. (Long distance charges may apply.)
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUEST(S): David Brown (aka, DB Grady): David Brown is the co-author of “Deep State: Inside the Government Secrecy Industry” and a correspondent for The Atlantic as well as a skilled novelist. He is a veteran of Afghanistan, and former paratrooper with the U.S. Army Special Operations Command.
TOPIC(s): The demonization of Bowe Bergdahl, The VA Controversy
Prisoners of War:
- The debate over Bergdahl
- Complicit in deaths of comrades searching for him?
- Do we judge POWs before we bring them home or after?
- Do we judge POWs as a CONDITION of bringing them home?
- The implications for Republicans vs. Democrats:
- McCain for the trade before he was against it?
- If you’re military, should you vote Democrat if you’re pro-military?
- GOP is pro-gun. If you’re in the military, that’s not an issue.
- GOP voted against money for diplomatic security overseas.
- Indirect responsibility for Benghazi?
- GOP voted against money for VA.
- Complain about a problem they made it financially impossible to solve?
- “Do more with less!”
- GOP pro-war but anti-veteran?
- GOP: $$$ more important than blood?
- Rumsfeld took 2 years to reinforce Humvees with extra armor.
Some of the topics I plan to discuss are linked below.
NOTE: This post is subject to update before and after the show.
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break:
SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show:
- US military promises ‘complete review’ into Bowe Bergdahl capture
- Obama’s hard choices In war, you never know what you will do until the key moment. ( Kathleen Parker, The Washington Post)
- Critics Are Questioning American Military Credo of Leaving No One Behind, ByERICSCHMITT, MARKMAZZETTI and PETER BAKER
- Military and civilian officials rallied to defend the years of effort spent to rescue Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.
To support KPFT and Thinkwing Radio, you can contribute online by clicking here. And please make sure to note which program you’re supporting.
KPFT can’t do it without YOU!
You can help to Support KPFT. KPFT is 91% community-supported. It is an educational non-profit. All gifts are tax-deductible. In the course of a week, KPFT FM & HD brings you around 100 totally unique programs almost entirely through the efforts of unpaid volunteers. KPFT brings you an unequaled variety of programming, whether it’s awarding-winning music broadcasts, thought-provoking politics, discussion of local issues, or local reportage you won’t get anywhere else.
Oh, and KPFT also brings you Thinkwing Radio. What a deal!