If the Republicans persist in calling healthcare reform Obamacare and estate taxes “death taxes”, then let’s be consistent:
- Social Security should be called FDRSecurity
- Unemployment Insurance should FDREployment Insurance
- Medicare and Medicaid should be called JohnsonCare and JohnsonAid
- Time and a half for overtime should be UnionFairness Pay
- The 40 hour week should be called the Union Work Week.
- Federal Safety Rules should be called FedUnion Safety Rules
- Ronald Reagan’s economic policy (known at the time as Reaganomics) might be called Reagan Debtnomics
- The Glass–Steagall Act (1933 law dictating what banks are and are not allowed to do) should be called the New Deal Economic Protection Act.
- Republican Congressional repeal of Glass–Steagall could be called the NewtDeal for Banking Abuse.
- Republican policy against a fair minimum wage might be called the GOP Income Suppression Policy.
- Republican policy favoring reduced government regulation could be the Robber Baron Return policy.
- Republican enthusiasm for huge tax benefits to the wealthy might be Greedynomics
- Republican opposition to punishing BP for the Gulf oil disaster could the Republican PetroCompany Protection policy.
Some of these are pretty bad, I know, but I’d love to see your suggestions. I’m sure you’ll do better. Comment on this post or write to me at ThinkWingRadio@msn.com