This show turned out completely different from what I imagined, so I changed the headline. Such is live radio. :)
Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Wednesday night from 10-11PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies). Listen live on the radio or on the internet from anywhere in the world! When the show is live, we take calls at 713-526-5738. (Long distance charges may apply.) For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUESTS: (More complete biographical info on my guests are below Source links.) CALLERS
NOTE: This post is subject to update before and after the show. ______________________________________________________________________
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break: SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show:
- “What ISIS Really Wants”, by Graeme Wood, March 2015 (TheATLANTIC.com)
- Exclusive: China drops leading technology brands for state purchases, By Paul Carsten (for REUTERS) BEIJING Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:47am EST
- It’s Time to Restore Pluto’s Good Name (Op-Ed), by David A Weintraub, Vanderbilt University | February 25, 2015 11:38am ET [This article was originally published on The Conversation. Read the original article. Follow all of the Expert Voices issues and debates — and become part of the discussion — on Facebook, Twitter and Google +. The views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the publisher. This version of the article was originally published on Space.com.]
- The ‘CSI Effect’:
- CSI effect – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: “The CSI effect, also known as the CSI syndrome and the CSI infection, is any of several ways in which the exaggerated portrayal of forensic science on crime television shows such as CSI: Crime Scene Investigation influences public perception. …”
- George Eads Leaves “CSI”. Will we be seeing him starring in “CSI: San Diego”?
SOURCES WHICH MAY BE RELEVANT TO OTHER DISCUSSION:
- SPACE.COM EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATIONS
- Scott Walker, and the problem with valuing credentials over competence, (The WEEK.com) by Edward Morrissey