THINKWING RADIO MOVED TO MONDAYS @ 9-10 PM, BEGINNING 4/13/2015.
KPFT broadcasts its support of 1st Amendment Free Speech and our Community’s social diversity EVERY DAY just by being on the air!
Call during the show to GIVE YOUR support to KPFT.
Or go to KPFT.org and support this station and this show by making your donation to our Tip Jar
Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Listen live on the radio or on the internet from anywhere in the world! When the show is live, we take calls at 713-526-5738. (Long distance charges may apply.)
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Monday night from 9-10PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUESTS: (More complete biographical info on my guests are below Source links.)
- GOP Debates
- Bernie Sanders’ speech at Liberty University
- Syrian Refugees
- The Future of Journalism
SOURCES WHICH MAY BE RELEVANT TO OTHER DISCUSSION:
- [NOTE: I suggest NOT taking the author’s advice – Mike] Can’t afford 15-year mortgage? Then don’t buy, By Peter Dunn, Special for USA TODAY 3:02 p.m. EDT September 12, 2015
- THE 2nd GOP DEBATES
- List of Presidents of the United States, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Complete List Of All The Presidents Of The United States, AustralianPolitics.com
- LIST OF US PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARIES,
- Bernie Sanders’s Liberty University speech, [TEXT] annotated, By Chris Cillizza (Washington Post) September 14 at 2:48 PM
- Bernie Sanders’s Liberty University speech [VIDEO, 28:25], FULL Speech: Senator Bernie Sanders at Liberty University in Virginia 09/14/15
- Bernie Sanders and Liberty University Agree to Disagree [REPORT]: At an evangelical school in Virginia, the candidate meets a different kind of young crowd, by Arit John (Bloomberg.com) Sep 14, 2015 1:33 PM CDT
- The Arab world’s wealthiest nations are doing next to nothing for Syria’s refugees, st/1NvBx08 (9/12/15, 10:54 )AM
- Is this 8-year-old’s newspaper better than yours? bz/1i1EWGu pic.twitter.com/XN3NJT8XIb (9/12/15, 12:30 PM) Columbia Journalism Review
TONIGHT’S GUEST: OPEN FORUM