THINKWING RADIO MOVED TO MONDAYS @ 9-10 PM, BEGINNING 4/13/2015.
Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Listen live on the radio or on the internet from anywhere in the world! When the show is live, we take calls at 713-526-5738. (Long distance charges may apply.)
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Monday night from 9-10PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUESTS: (More complete biographical info on my guests are below Source links.)
GUEST(S): David W. Brown is a freelance writer whose work appears at Vox: Articles by David W Brown, The New York Times, and The Atlantic: Articles by David W Brown. He is the coauthor of Deep State, (by Marc Ambinder and David W Brown), which is an exploration of the security apparatus of the United States, and The Command: Deep Inside the President’s Secret Army, the first book to shine a light on the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC).
SOURCES WHICH MAY BE RELEVANT TO OTHER DISCUSSION:
- World leaders have taken to calling ISIS “Daesh,” a word the Islamic State hates, By Laura Reston (New Republic), 10 hours ago
- s France at War?: President Hollande asked lawmakers for more measures to tackle ISIS. What he didn’t ask for: authorization for a declaration of war, By Krishnadev Calamur (The Atlantic) 4:46 PM ET
- Rejecting Syrian Refugees: Republican governors are turning away those fleeing the civil war, while Jeb Bush suggests only welcoming Christians.
- The Empathy Gap Between Paris and Beirut: Why have attacks in France gotten so much more attention than bombings in Lebanon?, By David A. Graham, (Nov 2015, 1:58 PM ET) The Atlantic
- Hollande Calls for New Powers to ‘Eradicate’ ISIS After Paris Attacks, By AURELIEN BREEDEN, KIMIKO DE FREYTAS-TAMURA and KATRIN BENNHOLD (The Atlantic) NOV. 16, 2015