THINKWING RADIO MOVED TO MONDAYS @ 9-10 PM, BEGINNING 4/13/2015.
Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Monday night from 9-10PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUESTS: (More complete biographical info on my guests are below Source links.)
GUEST(S): David W. Brown is a freelance writer whose work appears at Vox: Articles by David W Brown, The New York Times, and The Atlantic: Articles by David W Brown. He is the coauthor of Deep State, (by Marc Ambinder and David W Brown), which is an exploration of the security apparatus of the United States, and The Command: Deep Inside the President’s Secret Army, the first book to shine a light on the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC).
SOURCES WHICH MAY BE RELEVANT TO OTHER DISCUSSION:
- World leaders have taken to calling ISIS “Daesh,” a word the Islamic State hates, By Laura Reston (New Republic), 10 hours ago
- s France at War?: President Hollande asked lawmakers for more measures to tackle ISIS. What he didn’t ask for: authorization for a declaration of war, By Krishnadev Calamur (The Atlantic) 4:46 PM ET
- Rejecting Syrian Refugees: Republican governors are turning away those fleeing the civil war, while Jeb Bush suggests only welcoming Christians.
- The Empathy Gap Between Paris and Beirut: Why have attacks in France gotten so much more attention than bombings in Lebanon?, By David A. Graham, (Nov 2015, 1:58 PM ET) The Atlantic
- Hollande Calls for New Powers to ‘Eradicate’ ISIS After Paris Attacks, By AURELIEN BREEDEN, KIMIKO DE FREYTAS-TAMURA and KATRIN BENNHOLD (The Atlantic) NOV. 16, 2015