SHOW AUDIO: Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast. We take callers during this show at 713-526-5738.
Listen live on the radio or on the internet from anywhere in the world! When the show is live, we take calls at 713-526-5738. (Long distance charges may apply.)
Please take a moment to visit Pledge.KPFT.org and choose THINKWING RADIO from the drop-down list when you donate. Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio on Twitter), is a listener call-in show airing live every Monday night from 9-10 PM (CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer is Bob Gartner.
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
“Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don’t vote.” ~ Attributed to William E. Simon (1927-2000), Secretary of the Treasury under Ronald Reagan
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” ~ John F. Kennedy, March 13, 1962. Audio-only portion is from remarks on the first anniversary of the Alliance for Progress, 13 March 1962. Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLvIDFC6rLc
GUESTS: OPEN FORUM
- Runoff Elections for HCCS and HISD: EDUCATION ELECTIONS MATTER!
- ACA (aka OBAMACARE): Healthcare.gov
- 1-800-318-2596 Available 24/7 days a week (except holidays)
- 2018 Open Enrollment runs fthru Dec 15. Are you ready?
- MEDICARE Open Enrollment ends December 7. Go to Medicare.gov.
- 7 Reforms After Trump, by Keith Boykin (@keithboykin) 12/3/17, 19:31
- Repeal Shelby v Holder (LEGISLATE: Renew Voting Rights Act)
- Repeal Citizens United (LEGISLATE/AMENDMENT: Limit Money in Politics, abolish anonymous money in politics)
- Abolish electoral college (or can it be saved?)
- Special counsel has power to indict president
- Apply anti-nepotism law to White House (It was WRITTEN for White House [Robert Kennedy serving with JFK])
- POTUS candidates must release tax returns (LEGISLATE/AMENDMENT: for how many years)
- Presidents may not self-pardon (AMENDMENT OR LEGISLATION: or pardon executive appointees?)
- 2/3 Senate vote to confirm SCOTUS appointment
- WHAT ELSE???
- Cornyn blasts congressional Democrats’ government shutdown threats, by Julián Aguilar (TEXAS TRIBUNE) Dec. 4, 2017
- Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick: Texas churches need to know they can have guns, by Matthew Choi [TEXAS TRIBUNE] Dec. 1, 2017
- Patrick requested that Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton issue an opinion on guns in church. The lieutenant governor said he hopes more churches will know they have the option to have guns in their buildings. Full Story
- National Monuments: Are they forever?
- Trump Slashes Size of “Bears Ears” and “Grand Staircase Monuments” in Utah
- BREXIT: Scotland, Wales and London Want Special Brexit Deal if Northern Ireland Gets One – U.S. News & World Report
- NET Neutrality: Why it matters.
- Sex and Politics: Where’s the boundary between innocent and inappropriate?
TOPICS FROM PREVIOUS WEEKS:
- What do belts around Proxima Centauri mean for exoplanet research?, By John Wenz | Published: Friday, November 03, 2017 [http://www.astronomy.com]
- TV Talk:
- “The Good Place”
- “The Orville”
- “Adam Ruins Everything”
SOURCES WHICH MAY BE RELEVANT TO OTHER DISCUSSION: