The show scheduled for broadcast on 6/29 at 3 PM (CT) on Monday will likely be recorded sometime late Saturday.
I’d like some written opinions.
Tentatively, the topic is statues and monuments.
– Who erects them and why?
– Should they ever be taken down? When and why?
– What kind and how much societal consensus does/should it take to install/remove them?
– What are the long-term sociopolitical ramifications of removing statues/monuments?
– What kind of emotions — personal and societal — accompany the installation/removal of statues/monuments?
– Associated with installation/removal of statues/monuments, are there feelings of:
- Simmering anger?
- Inevitable violence (from pros and/or cons)?
I’m looking for written opinions. They can be scholarly, visceral, ambivalent, or anything else you want to express. They can be guided by my questions, or something entirely unexpected by me.
I still can’t take live phone calls, but I want to hear from you on this topic.
Please email to Thinkwing@KPFT.org and/or post as a comment below this post.
Pingback: Mon, 6/29/2020, 3PM (CT) #KPFTHouston 90.1FM. POSSIBLE TOPIC(s): July 14, 2020 Primary Runoff Elections, Voting Info, July 15 Tax Deadline, ‘Master’ bedroom name change, Unilever Will Strike ‘Fair’ and ‘Lovely’ From Its Branding—but