COMMENTARY, NOV. 23, 2020
At this point, we must acknowledge that what we are seeing is an attempted overthrow of elected government under color of law by Trump, and by the Republican Party writ large. Next, in 2021, we’ll be watching Republicans try to further consolidate minority rule by gerrymandering.
In the 2000 election, Al Gore won the popular vote by 543,895*, so the majority of America was under minority rule for 4 years.
*The Florida Recount of 2000, By Brooks Jackson | factcheck.org | Posted on January 22, 2008
According to a massive months-long study commissioned by eight news organizations in 2001, … the study also found that Gore probably would have won, by a range of 42 to 171 votes out of 6 million cast, had there been a broad recount of all disputed ballots statewide. However, Gore never asked for such a recount. The Florida Supreme Court ordered only a recount of so-called “undervotes,” about 62,000 ballots where voting machines didn’t detect any vote for a presidential candidate.
None of these findings are certain. County officials were unable to deliver as many as 2,200 problem ballots to the investigators that news organizations hired to conduct the recount. There were also small but measurable differences in the way that the “neutral” investigators counted certain types of ballots, an indication that different counters might have come up with slightly different numbers. So it is possible that either candidate might have emerged the winner of an official recount, and nobody can say with exact certainty what the “true” Florida vote really was.
In the 2016 election, Hillary won the popular vote by 2,868,686 votes
In the 2020 election, with 98% as of Nov. 21, 2020, 6:00 P.M, Biden is winning by 6,020,054 votes.
- “…Vote counting continues in several states. During the campaign, on election night, and after the Democrats were declared winners, Trump and numerous Republicans made false and unsubstantiated claims in an attempt to delegitimize and subvert the election. Officials in all 50 states have stated that there is no evidence of systematic fraud or irregularities in their state. Federal agencies overseeing election security say it was “the most secure in American history”.
- “Biden and Harris are scheduled to be inaugurated on January 20, 2021. As of November 21, Trump has not conceded and has falsely declared himself to be the winner, filing multiple legal challenges disputing the results of the election in multiple states, most of which have been dropped or dismissed by various courts. ~ 2020 United States presidential election, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So Donald Trump, with the active or acquiescent assistance of the Republican Party, is now trying to overturn a decisive victory by Joe Biden; a victory that as so far has won 51% of the vote, with a near-record turnout among eligible voters estimated at 66.5%.
This is no longer a matter of ‘letting the matter work its way through the system’. The lies, attempted coercion of election officials, and other actions of Donald Trump, his minions and his enablers and apologists, now are rising to what in normal times in any other country, the United States would call an attempted coup d’etat and a perversion of a legitimate election.
The Republican Party, as represented by various individuals, has so far been passive or actively complicit in this attempted coup by Donald Trump.
Americans must fight against this attempted to overthrow our elected government by ant peaceful means available to them.
Further, Americans must be vocal about insisting on fair election districts at all levels of government, from local to State to Federal.
The alternative is a continuation and further entrenchment of minority rule in the United States.
Now is the time for all good people to come to the aid of their country.
2000 United States presidential election From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Turnout 51.2% 2.2 pp
- Nominee George W. Bush Al Gore
- Party Republican Democratic
- Electoral vote 271 266[b]
- States carried 30 20 + DC
- Popular vote 50,456,002 50,999,897
- Percentage 47.9% 48.4%
2004 United States presidential election, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Turnout 56.7% 5.5 pp
- Nominee George W. Bush John Kerry
- Party Republican Democratic
- Home state Texas Massachusetts
- Running mate Dick Cheney John Edwards
- Electoral vote 286 251
- States carried 31 19 + DC
- Popular vote 62,040,610 59,028,444
- Percentage 50.7% 48.3%
2016 United States presidential election,From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Turnout 55.7% 0.8 pp
- Nominee Donald Trump Hillary Clinton
- Party Republican Democratic
- Electoral vote 304[a] 227[a]
- States carried 30 + ME-02 20 + DC
- Popular vote 62,984,828 65,853,514
- Percentage 46.1% 48.2%
2020 United States presidential election, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Turnout TBD
- Votes counted 98% as of Nov. 21, 2020, 6:00 P.M. EST
- Nominee Joe Biden Donald Trump
- Party Democratic Republican
- Projected electoral vote 306 232
- States carried 25 + DC + NE-02 25 + ME-02
- Popular vote 79,784,259 73,764,205
- Percentage 51.0% 47.2%
2020 November General Election Turnout Rates, Last updated: 11/16/2020
- Total Ballots Counted (Estimate) 159,142,588
- Voting-Eligible Population (VEP) Turnout Rate: 66.5%
Editorial: Trump’s effort to steal the election is a step toward fascism in America. If you call yourself a patriot, you can’t support it; By Editorial | Hartford Courant | Nov 20, 2020 at 10:35 AM
yes we are experiencing a typical coup d’etat – leftist takover – they have been planning this for a long time. 1. Declaration of the winner (they declared a winner) 2. Deny (denial of your opponent 3. Discredit your opponent (constantly demonize Trump and his supporters, his Administration) – a must watch video – A TOP QUALITY INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER SUMMARIZES: https://youtu.be/UO8hTc5vdaA
If you think Trump NEEDED demonization, you haven’t paid attention.
The corruption and treachery will ultimately be revealed beyond a reasonable doubt.