THINKWING RADIO MOVED TO MONDAYS @ 9-10 PM, BEGINNING 4/13/2015.
SHOW AUDIO 8/3/2015:
SHOW AUDIO 8/10/2015:
Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Monday night from 9-10PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUESTS: (More complete biographical info on my guests are below Source links.)
- The Middle East Melee:How big will the war become?
- Map: Spillover of fighting in Mideast, by Wikipedia
- Turkish involvement in the Syrian Civil War, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Spillover of the Syrian Civil War, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Millennialism – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Millennialism (from millennium, Latin for “thousand years”) … is a belief held by some Christian denominations that there will be a Golden Age or Paradise on Earth in which “Christ will reign” for 1000 years prior to the final judgment and future eternal state (the “World to Come” of the New Heavens and New Earth). This belief is derived primarily from Revelation 20:1–6. Millennialism is a specific form of millenarianism.
- Is Trans the new Gay?
- Gays used to be almost completely taboo in movies and TV, and ‘gayness’ of characters was only hinted at.
- Today, no TV show or movie seems complete without at least one prominent gay character.
- The GLBT movement has helped bring Transgender people into the public consciousness.
- Has Caitlin Jenner now made Trans characters almost mandatory in media?
- Do modern wars have such sloppy endings precisely because there is no Declaration of War and no proper surrender?
- Texas Refuses To Issue Birth Certificates To Children Of Undocumented Immigrants
- This story has been only barely covered (or at least is barely findable) in MSM. In the top-tier Google findings, only Reuters showed an article.
- Undocumented immigrants’ U.S.-born children denied docs – lawsuit, By Brendan Pierson (REUTERS) Thu May 28, 2015 7:44pm EDT
- Texas Refuses To Issue Birth Certificates To Children Of Undocumented Immigrants, By @Karoli (CrooksAndLiars.com)
- The model state of Texas denies birth certificates to children born to immigrants within its borders, by Kerry Eleveld (DailyKos.com) Tue Jul 14, 2015 at 11:45 AM PDT
- Air Travel/Airport/Passenger Pick-up Hell
- Americans are getting bigger:
- Clothing, shoes, furniture, even toilet seats are getting bigger. Why are airplane seats getting smaller?
DOJ subpoenas airlines over keeping ticket prices high,
Safety risk of shrinking, By Associated Press (Aprl 15, 2015)
- Advisory Committee for Aviation Consumer Protection – See more at: http://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/ACACP#sthash.7bh0CrUI.dpuf
- Airports, airlines disagree about raising ticket fees, October 29, 2014
- Americans are getting bigger:
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break: SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show: Continue reading