I have the exciting privilege of hosting election night coverage tonight on KPFT 90.1 FM from 7PM to 10 (or maybe 11) PM CT. I’ll be joined by some smart and knowledgeable panelists (Charles Kuffner, Leo Gold and Geoff Berg). There will be race updates, interviews with some notable political personalities, and we will be taking some phone calls at 713-526-5738 to discuss people’s voting experiences whether you voted early, absentee, or on “the Day”.
You can also listen live on-line from anywhere in the country by clicking here: http://www.kpft.org/streamkpft_64.m3u
This is by far the most ambitious thing I’ve done on radio up to this point, so if you want to listen to a guy on a high wire without a net for 3-4 hours, tune in and give me a listen!
I’ll be joined on the panel by:
Charles Kuffner: A respected journalist/blogger of politics in Texas and the Greater Houston area at OffTheKuff.com and can be followed on Twitter @Kuff
Geoff Berg: Political Blogger and host of “Partisan Gridlock” Fridays from 3-4pm on KPFT, blogs at Chron.com (blog.chron.com/partisangridlock/), and can followed on Twitter @Berg_Geoff
Leo Gold: Host of “New Capital” on KPFT Thursdays 3pm CST on Pacifica KPFT 90.1 . Leo is a financial advisor with his own firm. He is a conservationist and owns a private nature preserve in Colorado County, Texas. Leo is a sought after public speaker on topics ranging from financial management to public policy, politics, and environmental issues.
Nicole Napier: Helping out with, and reporting, election results
SPECIAL THANKS IN ADVANCE: To Ernesto Aguilar and Doyle Odom for their invaluable assistance in bringing this show together and making it (hopefully) successful. (Any failure in that area is my fault alone. ~ Mike)
Scheduled guests in the UPDATED announcement below:
UPDATED ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT POST:
I’m excited to announce that I will be hosting election night coverage on KPFT (Houston) 90.1 FM from 7 PM to (at least) 10 PM CST. I will be joined by a panel of knowledgable and entertaining Houston personalities, and guests will include interesting and noteworthy personages.
You can listen and participate live from anywhere around the country by going to KPFT.org and clicking on “Listen Live“.
Tentatively scheduled panelists include Geoff Berg (blogger, and host of KPFT’s Partisan Gridlock) and Houston-based political blogger Charles Kuffner (OffTheKuff.com).
Currently scheduled guests tentatively include (Rev 11/6/12):
- Lane Lewis: Chair of the Harris County Democratic Party
- Gilberto Hinojosa: Chair of the Texas Democratic Party
- Jim Dougherty (D), candidate for TX-02 against incumbent Ted Poe (R)
- Brad Friedman: Founder of The Brad Blog, an acknowledged expert on voting rules, systems, and suppression around the United States.
- Robert Hooks: Actor, producer, and civil rights activist.
- Amanda K. Wolfe: She joined the Houston Transit Coalition as Campaign Manager for this campaign. Because she believes that a well planned and executed mass transit system is an essential part of making Houston a truly world-class city. She’s also a co-founder and board member of the Women of Montrose Action Network, a local nonprofit that connects small local charities with volunteers, funding and awareness. You can visit her group’s website at supporthoustontransit.org for more information on her positions on this issue.
One of the aspects of this show to which I am most looking forward is taking calls from listeners in Houston and around the country in order to hear about their election experiences. Whether you voted in Houston or Hastings-on-Hudson. Whether you voted on election day, or early voted, or absentee voted, we’ll want to hear from you. Was it easy or hard? Was the ballot easily understandable or almost unintelligible? Did you feel welcome at the polls, or were you bothered by poll watchers?
I hope you’ll be listening and participating.
Enjoying your show here in Georgia, Mike!
I apreciate your listening and your kind words, Michele. :)
you really ahve a gift…and landed in the right place and circumstances to create SUCH GREAT VALUE. I am sooooooOOOOOOOO proud of you Michael Robert Honig!!!
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 22:42:15 +0000 To: firstname.lastname@example.org