Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (every Wednesday from 2-3PM CT) on KPFT-HD Channel 90.1-3. One of our mottos is that you’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts, so we try to get our facts right.
If you don’t have an HD (‘Hi-Definition’) radio, you can hear KPFT-HD 90.1-3 at KPFT.org, listen online by going to KPFT.org and clicking on “Listen Live”, and then one of the HD3 links: HD3 (32k) HD3 (64k) . Or go to ‘HOW TO LISTEN’ and get the graphic on how it works.
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break:
- When is a picnic not a picnic?
- Faxing life from Mars
- Is it the end of the telephone landline, and what will that mean fro Americans?
- The telephone museum
- America’s not in decline. It’s on the rise.
- ‘Try to make a life’: 92-year-old Holocaust survivor moves back to Berlin.
- Etymology vs. Entymology
- “Picnic” [Ety.] Wikipedia
- Blacks, Picnics and Lynchings
- FROM SNOPES.COM:: Picnic Pique
- Piccaninny: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- dictionary.com: “Culture is transmitted, through language, material objects, ritual, institutions, and art, from one generation to the next.”
- Developing a Fax Machine to Copy Life on Mars
- Is It The End Of The Line For The Landline?
- Saved by the (Southwestern) Bell: Telephone Museum Reopens
- houstontelephonemuseum.com (Bellaire, TX)
OLD: (713) 861-9784
- America’s not in decline — it’s on the rise
- ‘Try to make a life’: 92-year-old Holocaust survivor moves back to Berlin: