Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Wednesday night from 10-11PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig is usually a call-in show. Whether you’re listening live on the radio or on the internet from anywhere in the world, you can call in at 713-526-5738. (Long distance charges may apply.)
GUEST(S): You callers are the guests!
NOTE: This post is subject to update before and after the show.
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break:
SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show:
- UKRAINE: “The Crimean Crisis”
- Is it true that when you start using the words like “Nazi” or “Hitler”, you’ve lost the argument? Interestingly, those are the comparisons being made now.
- The word “Appeasement” has come to symbolize…
- The remilitarization of the Rhineland by the German Army took place on 7 March 1936 when German military forces entered the Rhineland. Many sources claim that even a hint of French resistance would have been enough for Germany to withdraw its forces.
- Munich Agreement, (September 30, 1938), Germany, Great Britain, France, and Italy that permitted German annexation of the Sudetenland in western Czechoslovakia
- Historical revisionism, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: “For the denial and distortion of well-established historical facts, see Historical revisionism (negationism).
“In historiography, historical revisionism is the reinterpretation of orthodox views on evidence, motivations, and decision-making processes surrounding a historical event. Though the word revisionism is sometimes used in a negative way, constant revision of history is part of the normal scholarly process of writing history.”
- Pre-WW2 history has been viewed in a very consistent fashion:
- Appeasement is bad
- Have British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain & French premier, Édouard Daladier been judged too harshly by history based on current events?
- Ukraine had treaty with US, UK and Russia. Czechoslovakia had mutual defense treaties with France, Poland. The UK had a mutual defense pact with France, and was thus entangled. (Franco-Czech Alliance, Franco-Polish alliance (1921))
- The Munich Treaty has been vilified with the “appeasement” epithet since WW2; justifiably. But in light of current events, would any of today’s leaders have done differently?
- This is where a revision of historical opinion might be valid; not judging 1938 by 2014 moral standards, but judging 1938 by 2014 realities.
- End of WESTERN IMPERIALISM, start of ‘EASTERN’ IMPERIALISM’
- Russia, China
- China showing increasing signs of territorial assertiveness.
- Russia showing signs of ‘annexation fever’.
- FUKUSHIMA: Using the poor and jobless as radiation fodder?Special Report: Japan’s homeless recruited for murky Fukushima clean-up (By Mari Saito and Antoni Slodkowski,(SENDAI, Japan Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:22am EST )Fukushima’s “crisis of manpower”: Unskilled and destitute workers have taken over the cleanup process: “Nowhere to go? Come to Fukushima” Monday, Mar 17, 2014 11:11 AM CDT
- “Zoo euthanizes four lions, despite giraffe backlash”, Jolie Lee, USA TODAY Network 3:37 p.m. EDT March 25, 2014
- Nasa-funded study: industrial civilisation headed for ‘irreversible collapse’?