Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Wednesday night from 10-11PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig is usually a call-in show. Whether you’re listening live on the radio or on the internet from anywhere in the world, you can call in at 713-526-5738. (Long distance charges may apply.)
GUEST(S): You callers are the guests!
TOPIC: Open Forum (Discussed include museum admission costs, Zoo Euthanasia, Fukushima,
NOTE: This post is subject to update before and after the show.
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break:
SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show:
- ON EDUCATION: Not “school education” at which Lord knows we have to do better. I’m talking about “optional” or “extracurricular” education. “At Will” education. My family went to the Houston Zoo yesterday.
- Normally, the Houston Zoo it’s about $15/person. It was the first Tuesday of the month, so it was free after 2PM
- Houston Museum of Natural Science: $15-20/person for the PERMANENT Exhibits (FREE from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. on Thursdays)
- Children’s Museum of Houston | 1500 Binz, Houston, TX 77004 | Phone: (713) 522-1138, $15/person.
- Museum of Fine Arts Houston, General Admission (Admission is free on Thursdays, courtesy of Shell Oil Company Foundation.)
- Senior (65+): $ 10.00
- Adult: $ 15.00
- Youth 13-18: $ 7.50
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum:FREE (First Come, First Served)
- US Gov’t Owned: Charter Provisions of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (Current)
- ALL US Govt-owned museums are free in DC.
- McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission: Supreme Court says political donors can spread wealth much more widely. By Michael Doyle, McClatchy Washington Bureau
- High-Speed Traders Rip Investors Off, Michael Lewis Says, By Nick Baker and Sam Mamudi ,Mar 30, 2014 11:01 PM CT (Bloomberg News)
- End of WESTERN IMPERIALISM, start of ‘EASTERN’ IMPERIALISM’
- Russia, China
- China showing increasing signs of territorial assertiveness.
- Russia showing signs of ‘annexation fever’.
- FUKUSHIMA: Using the poor and jobless as radiation fodder
- Special Report: Japan’s homeless recruited for murky Fukushima clean-up (By Mari Saito and Antoni Slodkowski,(SENDAI, Japan Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:22am EST )
- Fukushima’s “crisis of manpower”: Unskilled and destitute workers have taken over the cleanup process: “Nowhere to go? Come to Fukushima” Monday, Mar 17, 2014 11:11 AM CDT
- FUKUSHIMA UPDATE: Nuclear News from Japan
- US Ex-Nuclear Chief: Fukushima Lesson Is Phase-Out
- “Zoo euthanizes four lions, despite giraffe backlash”, Jolie Lee, USA TODAY Network 3:37 p.m. EDT March 25, 2014
- Nasa-funded study: industrial civilisation headed for ‘irreversible collapse’?