Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Wednesday night from 10-11PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig is usually a call-in show. Whether you’re listening live on the radio or on the internet from anywhere in the world, when the show is live, we take calls at 713-526-5738. (Long distance charges may apply.)
Tonight, all phone calls will go to Pledge Central so you can help to Support KPFT. KPFT is a community-supported, educational non-profit. All gifts are tax-deductible. In the course of a week, KPFT FM & HD brings you around 100 totally unique programs almost entirely through the efforts of unpaid volunteers. KPFT brings you an unequaled variety of programming, whether it’s awarding-winning music broadcasts, thought-provoking politics, discussion of local issues, or reportage you won’t get anywhere else.
Oh, and KPFT also brings you Thinkwing Radio. What a deal!
Call in during the show (713-526-5738) to support KPFT and Thinkwing Radio. You can also contribute online by clicking here. And please make sure to note which program you’re supporting.
KPFT can’t do it without YOU!
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUEST(S): Jennifer Hamad, Jackie Kaase, and Savanah Taylor are 5th graders at Mark Twain Elementary School in Houston. Their school is part of the International Baccalaureate (or IB) Program. In their 5th grade, they’re supposed to select a topic of concern that is important to them, do research on it, and come up with an action plan.
TOPIC(s): Project: Save Our Waters
This Saturday (May 17th), my guests will be participating in a volunteer program called “Marsh Mania” at Pine Gully in Seabrook, sponsored by the Galveston Bay Foundation.
NOTE: This post is subject to update before and after the show.
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break:
SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show:
- Marsh Mania | Get Out Here
- Marsh Mania – Galveston Bay Foundation
- Pine Gully Park – Seabrook, TX – Official Website
- Galveston Bay Foundation
- Charity: Water: Charity: Water is a non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations.
- Lifewater International: Lifewater is a non-profit, Christian water development organization that works around the world to eliminate water-borne disease and inadequate access to water.
- The International Baccalaureate Program
- International Baccalaureate – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Mark Twain Elementary / Home – Houston Independent School District