Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
NOTE AFTER THE SHOW: Thanks so much to Egberto and Eric and the callers who were willing to participate and take advantage of the show’s “Safe Zone”, and share honesty and candor, and allow us to have a true dialogue. This show meant a lot to me. ~ Mike
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT TONIGHT’S SHOW: Race is a difficult, and even risky, topic for public discussion. Sometimes, one moment of naïve candor or an unfortunate turn of phrase can raise a firestorm of protest and criticism.
I am hoping that tonight’s show can be a “Judgment-Free Zone” in order to encourage a real and useful discussion of the challenges we ALL face when it comes to race relations.
Over the past year, “ThinkwingRadio with Mike Honig” has brought you dozens of interesting guests and many uncommon or rarely heard topics of discussion. We have callers from across the political and ideological spectrum, and I endeavor to treat them all with respect and courtesy so we can generate a real flow of ideas. You can listen to almost any show I’ve ever done (going back to May 2010) by going to the archive tab.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Wednesday night from 10-11PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUEST(S): Egberto Willies & Eric Johnson
TOPIC(s): RACE RELATIONS: WHY CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG
NOTE: This post is subject to update before and after the show.
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break:
SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show:
- EgbertoWillies.com. Political involvement should be a requirement for citizenship
- AVANCE’ Houston (www.avancehouston.org)
- Head-start program for Hispanic community
- “Community Empowerment Program”
- ‘Healthy Marriage’
39:45 “You’ve Got to Be Carefully Taught” (As part of entire soundtrack album)
- Also excerpted below:
‘Afromaidan’: Foreign media cite Ferguson as evidence of US ‘failed state’, by Ben Piven, for Al-Jazeera America, August 19, 2014 5:00AM ET
- Aarón Martel @aaronmartel 1h :: #Ferguson: “How you frame the story will change the story”. Great political graphic by @ncasenmare pic.twitter.com/527AD63Zfi [Retweeted by OccupyMyCat]