Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Wednesday night from 10-11PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies). Listen live on the radio or on the internet from anywhere in the world! When the show is live, we take calls at 713-526-5738. (Long distance charges may apply.) For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
TONIGHT’S TOPIC: Getting ready for the 2015 enrollment period for ACA/Obamacare.
- QUESTIONS WHICH MAY COME UP:
- Where can I find help and guidance for this important and sometimes confusing decision?
- Who qualifies?
- What are “Life Changes”?
- Why do they matter, and how do they affect your application for health coverage?
- What information will you need to provide?
- How and where do you apply? (See links below for some info)
- What does it cost?
- Who is entitled to premium subsidies?
- If employer health insurance coverage is available to one of more individuals in my home, how does that affect uncovered members of the family?
GUEST: Noe Rincon, Regional Organizing Lead for www.getcoveredamerica.org in the Houston/Gulf Coast region. “I’m very proud of the work we did in the first enrollment period, but many people still need the basic information they need to Get Covered and Stay Covered.”
NOTE: This post is subject to update before and after the show. ______________________________________________________________________
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break: SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show:
- ACA Info & Enrollment Site: Healthcare.gov
- Call 24/7 at 1-800-318-2596
- www.GetCoveredAmerica.org: Affordable Health Insurance Is Here. You Might be Able to Get Covered Now.
- For Assistance Completing An Application:
- NATIONAL: Online: www.healthcare.gov
- NATIONAL: Online in Spanish: www.cuidadodesalud.gov
- TEXAS: Over the phone (24hr National Enrollment hotline): 1-800-318-2596
- CITY OF HOUSTON and METRO: Free in person application assistance call to schedule: 832-393-5423
- NATIONAL: See and schedule available appointments at www.getcoveredamerica.org.
- From home page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and, in the left column, find “Locator” and click on it.
- Enter your zip code, and it will show you resources and contacts in your area.
- From home page, scroll down to “Sign up to learn more about your health insurance options.”
- Enter your email and zip code, then
- Click on “Sign Me Up”.
- On this page, you can opt to contact others via email or Facebook to inform them of the site and resources available.
- You can then go on to “LOCATER”.
- Each state has different rules about eligibility and applying for Medicaid. Call your state Medicaid program to see if you qualify and learn how to apply.