Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (@ThinkwingRadio), a listener call-in show (every Wednesday night from 10-11PM CT) on KPFT-FM 90.1 (Houston). My engineer and discussion partner is Egberto Willies (@EgbertoWillies).
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
GUESTS: (More complete biographical info on my guests are below Source links.) CALLERS
NOTE: This post is subject to update before and after the show. ______________________________________________________________________
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break: SOURCES (Below the break) Not all topics discussed on tonight’s show:
Why the Donkey and Elephant? – Infoplease: The Question: What is the origin of the donkey and elephant as the symbols of the Democratic and Republican parties in America?
- Iran Calls GOP Letter ‘Propaganda Ploy,’ Offers To ‘Enlighten’ Authors, By Bill Chappell, March 10, 2015 9:50 AM ET (NPR)
The #IRAN47: Are the Republicans now certifiably the “Party of Nixon” rather than the “Party of Lincoln”?
- “Treason” as a legal term.
- Treason as a “term of art” (Lawrence O’Donnell, 3/10/2015):
- Article Three of the United States Constitution – Wikipedia
- U.S. Constitution› Article III, Cornell University Law School
- Richard Nixon’s long shadow, By George F. Will Opinion writer (Washing Post) August 6, 2014
- The Lyndon Johnson tapes: Richard Nixon’s ‘treason’, By David Taylor (BBCNews.com) 22 March 2013 Last updated at 14:56 ET
- George Will Confirms Nixon’s Vietnam Treason, by Bob Fitrakis, Harvey Wasserman (CommonDreams.com) Published on Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- Yes, Nixon Scuttled the Vietnam Peace Talks: It’s been rumored for years. Now we have real proof, by JOHN ALOYSIUS FARRELL (www.politico.com ) June 09, 2014
- NATO Is Beefing Up Baltic Exercises Amid Russian Excursions,by Wiktor Szary, (Reuters) Jan. 13, 2015, 7:13 AM
Thurgood Marshall, Bio (Wikipedia): Justice Marshal argued the case of Brown vs. Board of Education before the US Supreme Court as a 42-year-old lawyer and won this landmark case.
- Exclusive: China drops leading technology brands for state purchases, By Paul Carsten (for REUTERS) BEIJING Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:47am EST
- It’s Time to Restore Pluto’s Good Name (Op-Ed), by David A Weintraub, Vanderbilt University | February 25, 2015 11:38am ET [This article was originally published on The Conversation. Read the original article. Follow all of the Expert Voices issues and debates — and become part of the discussion — on Facebook, Twitter and Google +. The views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the publisher. This version of the article was originally published on Space.com.]
- The ‘CSI Effect’:
- CSI effect – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: “The CSI effect, also known as the CSI syndrome and the CSI infection, is any of several ways in which the exaggerated portrayal of forensic science on crime television shows such as CSI: Crime Scene Investigation influences public perception. …”
- George Eads Leaves “CSI”. Will we be seeing him starring in “CSI: San Diego”?
SOURCES WHICH MAY BE RELEVANT TO OTHER DISCUSSION:
- SPACE.COM EDITOR’S RECOMMENDATIONS
- Scott Walker, and the problem with valuing credentials over competence, (The WEEK.com) by Edward Morrissey