SHOW AUDIO: https://thinkwingradio.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/kftdhd3_2013-10-02_govt-shutdown-boehners-legacy-constution-article-1-section-v-definition-of-appeasement-nih-funding-reverse-brain-drain-fukushima-x85-1000-c-of-alcohol.mp3
Welcome to Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig (every Wednesday from 2-3PM CT) on KPFT-HD Channel 90.1-3. One of our mottos is that you’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts, so we try to get our facts right.
If you don’t have an HD (‘Hi-Definition’) radio, you can hear KPFT-HD 90.1-3 at KPFT.org, listen online by going to KPFT.org and clicking on “Listen Live”, and then one of the HD3 links: HD3 (32k) HD3 (64k) . Or go to ‘HOW TO LISTEN’ and get the graphic on how it works.
Some of the links used for this show are BELOW the break:
- As of 12:01AM on Tuesday, October 1, the Federal Government has been essentially shut down
- On a related note, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives: [From Wikipedia]
- The Speaker of the United States House of Representatives (or Speaker of the House) is the presiding officer of the chamber. The office was established in 1789 by Article I, Section 2 of the United States Constitution, which states in part, “The House of Representatives shall chuse [sic] their Speaker…” The Constitution does not require that the Speaker be an elected House Representative, though all Speakers have been an elected Member of Congress.
- The Reverse brain drain
- One Wrong Move at Fukushima Could Unleash a Nuclear Disaster Equivalent to 85 Chernobyls
- A fun bit of beverage education: What 100 Calories of Alcohol Really Looks Like.
SOURCES: Continue reading