19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Women’s Right to Vote. Joint Resolution of Congress proposing a constitutional amendment extending the right of suffrage to women, May 19, 1919; Ratified Amendments, 1795-1992; General Records of the United States Government; Record Group 11; National Archives. ~ National Archives and Records Administration
We take callers during this show. Link is usually posted within about 72 hours of show broadcast.
For the purposes of this show, I operate on two mottoes:
- You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts;
- An educated electorate is a prerequisite for a democracy.
- “I recently heard [Newt Gingrich] say that Obama is a ‘Robyn Hood socialist’. How far off the path of decency do you have to wander to read the Robin Hood legend and identify with the Sheriff?” ~ Dylan Brody, from “Chronological Disorder” [Played on KPFT (10:30PM, June 7, 2012) PLAY HERE at about the 12:50 mark]
- “You can tell Monopoly is an old game because there is a ‘Luxury Tax’, ‘Community Chest’ and the Banker can still get thrown in jail.” ~ Jeb Brovsky (@JebBrovsky), September 3, 2012
POSSIBLE TOPICS: Barack Obama & Hillary Clinton: Two Consecutive presidents who needed Constitutional Amendments to vote!, Trump Foundation Problems, US/Russia talks on Syria suspended, [Harris] County OKs initial funding for $105M Astrodome redevelopment, Republican and Democratic Doctors, Sabotage of SpaceX Rocket Test?, more.
- TEXAS: REGISTER TO VOTE FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION