For those who maintain the occupation at night and all day: “They also serve who only stand and wait.” ~ John Milton (1608 – 1674) from Sonnet XIX.
Major Events (More info below the jump):
- Strategy Session#2 Dec 3rd Saturday 2PM – 5PM: What next? This is a question that every dedicated Occupy Houston participant and supporter is asking. At the 2nd Strategy and Public discussion, participants will address this question. It is open to ALL (More info below the jump).
News & Information (More info below the jump):
- OH Newspaper <– Info below the jump
- Needed Items List Updated!! <– Click the link for info
- LiveStream Operators and/or Laptops Needed <– Click the link for info
- General Assembly Minutes – Nov 30, 2011 <– Click the link for info
- General Assembly Minutes 12/01/2011<– Click the link for info
What next? This is a question that every dedicated Occupy Houston participant and supporter is asking. At the 2nd Strategy and Public discussion, participants will address this question. It is open to ALL. The Occupy Movement overall is at a very interesting and critical point. Occupy Houston has a unique role in this movement to explore many paths forward. We have a bi-monthly Newspaper, a weekly Radio Show on KPFT 90.1 (Thursdays at 6PM) and many beautiful dedicated Occupiers that are in the Tranquility Park 24/7 in the cold weather and under the rain.
WHERE: 4500 W. 34th Street, Suite K, Houston, TX 77092
edit: to post questions or comments, go to the Forum Topic Thread HERE
So, What Next? That is the question. Come to this meeting, bring your ideas & suggestions, and invite your friends. See you this Saturday!
In November 2011 Occupy Houston printed 10,000 copies of its first newspaper. Work is underway for the 2nd issue. We need all the help we can get with production, editing and deciding on content, distribution networking, etc.
To contact the OH Newspaper magnets send email to ohpaper[AT]occupyhouston.org. To participate in the discussion and give feedback about newspaper content, or to submit content for peer review before submitting to the paper (this is strongly recommended), visit http://groups.google.com/group/oh-newspaper-discussion